Sunday, October 2, 2011


Happy Monday, brides-to-be!

Time has come to think about the general ambiance you would like for your wedding. Do you want something formal, semi-formal, casual? Romantic, elegant, original? Think of the vibe you want your guests to feel.

Think about picking colors to guide your search throughout the months of planning and shopping. In order for your wedding to look put together, you will want to choose one or two specific colors for decorations, flowers, bridesmaid gowns, accessories, etc. 
Personally, I changed ideas about 37 times before I actually settled on my theme colors. First, I wanted blue and purple, as those are two colors that go well with my skin tone and hair color. I thought it would be fun to have some bridesmaids in blue and others in purple. But then when I chose my wedding gown, which is champagne-coloured with a vintage pink bow, I realized that blue and purple didn’t match anymore. Then I thought of two colors that would work with my dress: rich chocolate brown and apple green. All seemed fine until I thought of the guys (groom and groomsmen). Brown suits have been out of style for at least two decades, and there is no way to match guys in black and girls in brown! Finally, I decided on light pink and charcoal grey. It was the perfect choice and easy to coordinate. Here is a picture of the detail on my wedding cake which shows the colors.
Photo by JP Lessard: http://www.jpl-photography.com

On a more hilarious note, some people have themes, and as I find this very funny, I would like to include a few ideas to add to your “DON’T GO THERE” list:
-        -  Halloween: Pumpkins and dark makeup are not the ambiance I’d go for
-         - Vampires: The obsession with Twilight has lasted long enough, and blood is not romantic
-         - Zombies: Come on, zombie walks or as Halloween costumes are funny, but do you really want your kids to traumatize their friends when they look at your photo album in kindergarten?
-         - Star trek: it is far too common, search the internet and you’ll be surprised/nauseated!
-         - Disney: it’s cool to have dreams when you’re a kid but wearing butterfly wings is just retarded
-         - Animal: there are no words to describe this, so I will include a photo which explains just how pathetic this can get.


That’s all for now, have a great week! I may post sooner than next Monday if my schedule allows for some writing time.

Keep coming and feel free to comment!  

No comments:

Post a Comment