Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dress shopping


The fun begins!

Here is the part all brides look forward to. Many rules apply, and I’m sure you’ve heard some (from friends, family, tv shows…). So I will sum up my wisdom in the Ultimate Top Four Rules for Dress Shopping:

  1. Shop online before you go to stores. Figure out what styles, shapes, fabrics and details you like and what you think your body-type would look best in.

  2. Choose wisely when it comes to the people accompanying you. It is recommended to choose few people (2 to 3 max) and to bring people whose opinion matter to you, but who are diplomatic and not judgmental. It is unpleasant to hear your tactless best friend or opinionated future mother-in-law criticize your choices.

  3. Do not try on too many dresses, you’ll end up confused and unable to make a decision. It’s not because you or your mother cries that a dress is “The One”. If you feel happy and beautiful, that’s fine too.

  4. Listen to yourself. It can be very hard to choose a dress according to your standards if your crew likes different styles, but you know what suits you best and what your fiancé will like to see you in as well. Trust yourself and don’t hesitate to tell friends and family that you would like them to support your decision even if it wouldn’t have been their choice.
 As for my dress shopping experience, well I spent countless hours on the internet looking at a million and a half dresses, and chose four that I wanted to try on at the store. I tried different styles to satisfy my curiosity of what I might look like in them, and also tried a fifth model suggested by the salesgirl. I went with my sister and best friend (my two bridesmaids) and they were very clear on their opinions (a little too much sometimes). But the dress I chose was my favourite from the start, and when they both said that it was without a doubt their favourite too, I knew it was mine.  

My favourite designer is Maggie Sottero (www.maggiesottero.com) and my dress is from this designer. Here is is, on me!


No comments:

Post a Comment