Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wedding invitations

Hello brides!

When the time comes to do your wedding invitations (or have them done), there are many decisions to make. First, think of the appropriate amount of time you need to make or receive them, in accordance with the time you want your guests to receive them. Usually, wedding invitations should be sent about 2 to 3 months in advance. It gives your guests time to clear their schedules, answer you and shop for your gift.

Think about including your wedding colours, to create a continuity for your guests. For example, if your bouquet is hot pink and your bridesmaids or flowergirls have pink and blue, you can use those two colours also for wedding décor, invitations, favors, cake, wedding website, etc. Have fun with it!

If you work with a designer, the possibilities are endless. You can choose from their selection of templates, or choose to have special, custom-made invitations in which you decide what papers, colours, ribbons and fonts you want.
Here are two wonderful websites of wedding invitations designers:
http://www.idoweddingcards.com/
http://preciousinvitations.com/

If you do the invitations yourselves, my recommendations are similar to making your wedding favors on your own. Do not underestimate the time necessary!! I spent many, many hours making my invitations. I don't regret it, and I enjoyed making them on my own, but it was a big time investment.

My husband is a part-time photographer and had lots of opinions on the design of the invitations we created. Personnally, I would've just taken a sheet of paper and drawn a simple example of my ideas before I started making them. However, with my man, there had to be a photoshop document with carefully calculated details and designs. We took hours just deciding on the font.
So basically, he was more on the concept and design team, whereas I was on the execution team. He's very creative, but not too manual, and I wanted invitations that looked nice even though they were home-made.

Here are pictures of the invitation and enveloppes I made myself! (note: there were blue ribbons for the invitations sent out to boys only)

Alright, that's all for now, see you next time when we discuss wedding CAKES! Mmmmm...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment