Saturday, March 24, 2012

Colourful wedding dresses!

Dear brides,

As Easter is rapidly approaching, colours like blue and pink and yellow are popping up in stores everywhere. This got me thinking of adding touches of colour on wedding gowns! I totally understand the women who want to be married all in white, and white gowns have their own appeal. However, I find that not everyone fits in the "white-dress" category. I think adding a touch of colour, whether on the dress or with your shoes or jewellery, can really add to your look.
That way, your look will reflect your true personality. There may also be other reasons to get married in colours other than white. For instance, Indian women traditionally get married in a deep, crimson red. Here is an example:


I myself did not get married in white. My reasoning was that being very pale, white did not compliment my skin-tone very well. If you are tanned or have a darker skin colour, white can be very flattering. My dress was "champagne" coloured, with a pink bow. Here it is, on me:

Here are more pictures of wedding dresses with different colours. Enjoy!

 This is a beautiful green dress, the shape and cut is just stunning. Saint-Patrick's day wedding, anyone?

This one is a Peach gown by Vera Wang. I love how flowy and natural it looks. For a soft, earthy bride. 

This dress is pale blue, and I think it would look lovely in a winter wedding, in a snowy setting.

You can also choose a colour accent, instead of a whole dress in colour. This purple sash is a great example!

And finally, this is what you want to avoid. Too much colour and originality is not recommended!!

Have a good week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment