Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wedding Makeup

Dear brides,

First of all I want to thank my readers. I have surpassed 1000 views, and that makes me very happy! I hope you all enjoy reading my blog, just like I enjoy writing it and sharing tips and pictures.

And now... Wedding makeup!
As promised, here is a post detailing advice on wedding makeup.

Here are Mrs.B's rules for wedding makeup:
#1: Less is more. Do not go overboard on any part of your makeup, whether it be foundation, eye makeup or lipstick.

#2: A natural look is preferable. Think about it. This man wants to marry a girl he's fallen in love with, who didn't have over-the-top oscar-night makeup on. He wants to recognize the girl he married, and say his vows to her.

#3: When choosing a makeup artist (or working with a friend or sister or cousin), discuss the effect you're looking for and for God's sake, have a tryout!!!! Very very important. The same goes for hairstyles. Trust me, you do not want to be fussing over details on the day of your wedding, when your nerves will be getting the best of you. If you have tried it before, you'll know what colours suit you best and agree on what you prefer.

#4: If you're not working with a professional, you may have to buy some makeup as well. For instance, my makeup artist was a friend of my husband's and she has thousands of eyeshadows, but her foundation was about 20 shades darker than my skin.

#5: Less is more. I know, I've said it before, but do you really want to end up looking like this??



















Alright, have a good week!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment